Friday 27 February 2009

In The Unlikeliest of Places...

Matalan is a place I love to hate, for reasons which I think are obvious to anyone who's been in one. For me, it's almost (but not quite) up there with TK Maxx as my ultimate in retail hell. Last night, however, after making an appointment for my cat's annual check-up and booster shots, the mothership suckered me into going in there - it's annoyingly situated right next door to the vet.
On previous reluctant trips into Matalan, the one area I do tend to check out is their shoe section, seeing as they usually have something semi-fierce going on in the way of heels. On this occassion I - shock horror! - actually bought a pair. Due to their being composed of cheapo plastic-y stuff, they are currently doing an alarming amount of squeaking, but they look pretty good. I am the only one in my household who doesn't think they're horrid, but that's okay. Not very good for my buy-less-cheap-crap, save-up-for-the-quality-stuff resolution, though, I do admit.

2 comments:

  1. i'm not crazy about the front but the shoe overall overrides that. i think they're really reminiscent of the balenciaga gladiators that i believe were part of their spring/summer collection in 07.. idk but hers were knee high and i thought that was a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hers = rihannas. (I think she wore them on 106 and Park

    ReplyDelete